Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Google Home and Orbi work together?

Devil0407
Aspirant

Google Home and Orbi work together?

I've read some anecdotes suggesting that Google Home does not work on an Orbi network, while Amazon Alexa seems to be supported.  Does anyone have a straight answer to this?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 9
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

I am running one Google Home, 3 Echo dots, and one Echo speaker.  No issues from any of them.

Message 2 of 9
Devil0407
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response!
Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have numerous Google Home's, dots, taps and Echos in our home.  They work fine with Orbi.

Message 4 of 9
loomis1975
Luminary

Another data point of no problems with Orbi with 2nd gen Echo Dots, original big Echo, and Google Home speakers.  They also have worked fine with other true mesh Wifi systems I have installed or tried out, like the Linksys Velop and the Samsung Connect Home.

Message 5 of 9
Gabeloooooo
Guide

My Chromecasts and Google Homes would always end up crashing after some time with Orbi. Tried everything. Switching to Google Wifi solved the issue.

Message 6 of 9
vdv7
Aspirant

Mine worked fine for months, but recently started rebooting constantly. I got 6 Google homes, 3 Chromecast and older roku. It may be the firmware, I'll update and keep an eye on it
Message 7 of 9
mnspink
Aspirant

I'm suddenlly having trouble with Google home dropping connection. 

Message 8 of 9
Gabeloooooo
Guide

Could it be that I was not crazy all these months:

https://9to5google.com/2018/01/15/google-chromecast-home-wifi-outage/

Anyways, switching from Orbi to Google Wifi has fixed my problems in the mean time, but I expect this was the reason I was losing wifi all the time with Orbi. 

Of course, even though I contacted both Orbi and Google multiple times, they never investigated the issue before this 😞

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7