Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google content (Youtube, Google Play Music) not playing through iOS apps

czyuppie
Follower

Google content (Youtube, Google Play Music) not playing through iOS apps

I have an RBR50 with a single sattelite, and something happened to my Orbi where now I can't stream any Google content, including Youtube or Google Play Music, to any Apple iOS device. I can browse videos or albums, but trying to play any of them causes an endless spinning wheel. I have rebooted my cable modem and all devices, etc etc. I have tried changing DNS servers from my ISPs to both OpenDNS and Google's own DNS servers with no change. All other internet content, including Netflix and Amazon streaming, works just fine. 

The strange thing is, if I connect to a VPN outside my network, this content streams correctly. The only thing that has changed on my network, that I can see, is the 1.10.1.2 firmware. Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Google content (Youtube, Google Play Music) not playing through iOS apps

Hello czyuppie

Is your cable modem a combo router/modem if so have you bridged the unit or have you set the orbi as a Access point if you are using the router on the modem?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7