Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Network Default Splashscreen takes over two minutes to load on iOS devices (SRR60)

Josh-Teksperts
Follower

Guest Network Default Splashscreen takes over two minutes to load on iOS devices (SRR60)

We have recently purchased and set up an Orbi Pro Business WiFi+satellite system on a FiOS internet connection.

Connection speeds are fantastic (around 85mps up and down).

We have an admin network, an employee network and a guest network.

The guest network uses the default terms of service splashscreen, has a password set, and allows for an hour of access.

The trouble is that all tested iOS devices (even the newest ones including iPhone X) take the better part of 2 minutes to load the sign-in splash screen and then perhaps another 2 minutes to acknowledge the sign in. My mid-teir Android phone takes all of about 5 seconds to show the screen and log into the same network. 

One suggestion I tried was choosing to disable the channel bonding option, but that has not seemed to help. 

I've restarted the system several times. 

It's running current firmware.

And I've reset up the system as well.

The issue persists...but only with iOS devices.

Has anyone else had this issue? Did you find a workaround?

Model: SRS60| Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
Steven_Belfast
Apprentice

Re: Guest Network Default Splashscreen takes over two minutes to load on iOS devices (SRR60)

Given how this only impacts iOS devices what makes you think the issue is with the Orbi unit.

I have noticed this same issue on public hotspots where it will take some time to load any sign in pages.

Would be worth testing impacted devices on another network.
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Guest Network Default Splashscreen takes over two minutes to load on iOS devices (SRR60)

You should post this here in the Orbi Pro section since you have a Pro Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7