Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Guest Network Transparency with Main network

Stratguru
Tutor

Guest Network Transparency with Main network

I’m new to Orbi and just finished setting up the RBK50 and noticed that when I log onto the guest network I am able to see all the devices connected to my main network. I checked Fing app, and two additional network utilities and all three show all the connected devices.  I doubled checked and have the “Allow guests to see each other and access my local network” box unchecked.  Does anyone know how to correct this?  Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
appierro
Apprentice

Will a Netgear engineer pick this issue up?  This is an issue that is across many threads and affects many users and seems to not have been resolved for some time.  Guest Network is essentially rendered useless.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Our support team would like to troubleshoot this issue with you if you would like to work with them please send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

wrote:

Our support team would like to troubleshoot this issue with you...

This is a design failure. Nothing the customer support can fix. 

Business and advanced home users expect correct isolation of the work and the guest network. VLANs are not introduced since yesterday, and are not rocket science. And again for the records, this is nothing new with Orbi for Business, with Orbi, ... the issue exists as long Netgear does offer this highly questionable "design" on earlier routers, Nighthawks inclusive. 

Very sad.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7