Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Guest Network and Daisy chaining Airport Express

Cazman4
Aspirant

Guest Network and Daisy chaining Airport Express

Before I purchase the RBK50 router I wanted to know if a guest user can still be created if you use Airport Express within the configuration? 

Also i’d like to hear if anyone has daisy chained 2 or 3 airport express to an Orbi router and how the experience is?

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 9
Cazman4
Aspirant

??? Confused
Message 3 of 9
Cazman4
Aspirant

Anyone?

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume that your kind of configuration is not supported nor used by anyone thus no responses. You can Daisy Chain Orbi Satellites using it's Daisy Chain Feature. This only applies and works the the Orbi router and Orbi Satellites.

You can connect Airport Express units to the WIFI system as connected WIFI client devices. They may work with connection to a Guest Network SSID as well. Not sure why you would use this configuration.

I presume would could have more than one Airport Express device connected to the Orbi wifi system.

Message 5 of 9
Cazman4
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.

I have 3 airport express but now they are not updating any further I’m looking to become more future proof. Also I’m still struggling with dead spots and furthering my range to an outhouse. My plan was to connect internet modem to Orbi then hardwire to the satellite, adding the 3 airport express to the network.... 2 wired and 1 wireless.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

How big is your home?

Adding additional devices that can broadcast outside of the Orbi MESH wifi system may cause problems. If you need additional coverage, I would add a Orbi satellite if needed.

My home is 5000sq ft and I have the Orbi router at one end of the house and 40 feet in between, I have 1 Satellite at the opposite end of the house. Complete coverage, range and performance.

Message 7 of 9
Cazman4
Aspirant

Around 6,000 over three floors in places, I could hard wire one satellite but thought adding the airport expresses may help even more. I have a large family with multiple devices plus about to rent out the outbuilding. 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would review the RBK50 with at least two to maybe three satellites. 

I have a 5000Sq ft home and use just one satellite here. 40 feet in between. You proably need at least two satellites. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7