Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Network "guests to see each other and access my local network" option Not working

radracer
Follower

Guest Network "guests to see each other and access my local network" option Not working

I have the RBR40, V2.2.1.210, and I have Guest Network enabled, but I do not have the checkbox set for "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network". However, when I connect to the guest network I CAN see everything on my private network. Why is this the case and how do I make it so that Guest can access my local network? This seems to be a bug. I have also checked and unchecked that box to see if that helped, but it did not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Guest Network "guests to see each other and access my local network" option Not workin

How was the FW updated? Via Auto Update? I would try a factory reset on the Base unit then set up from scratch. Check the Guest Network accessbility features. 

Message 2 of 3
AC641
Luminary

Re: Guest Network "guests to see each other and access my local network" option Not workin

This is a known issue and has been reported on these forums many times.  Netgear seems in no hurry whatsoever to correct it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7