Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Wifi Timer

ekhalil
Master

Guest Wifi Timer

Just updated my IOS Orbi app to 2.2.10.6 that was released today.

One of the new features I found is the possibility to activate the Guest Wifi for a limited time. You can choose between: Always, 1 hour, 5 hours, 10 hours, 1 day and 1 week.

Nice feature that many were asking for. Thank you Netgear!

IMG_1F2A281CB966-1.jpeg

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Guest Wifi Timer

I went back to my iPad which still has the old Orbi app (2.2.8.14) and saw that this feature was already there. :D. To be honest I never noticed this setting in the Orbi app before, maybe because this setting is not in the web GUI which I always prefer to use than the app. 

I wonder why this feature is not available in the web GUI (orbilogin.com)!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

I went back to my iPad which still has the old Orbi app (2.2.8.14) and saw that this feature was already there. :D. To be honest I never noticed this setting in the Orbi app before, maybe because this setting is not in the web GUI which I always prefer to use than the app. 

I wonder why this feature is not available in the web GUI (orbilogin.com)!

Message 2 of 4
timch
Luminary

I tried it last time we had guests staying and it didn’t seem to work and I had to shut the guest network down manually. I have not investigated further as I hardly ever feel the need to use a guest network. A thought is that the Alexa skill might clash with it but no evidence. 

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Does Alexa’s guest wifi stop/start work correctly?
I have Google Home, and when I ask it to stop guest wifi I get a confirmation that it’s done but the guest wifi will still be on, when I check the web GUI I can see that the guest network gets actually disabled. So I concluded that Google Home only changes the settings in Orbi but doesn’t “Apply” the changes. This’s clear since applying guest wifi changes should reboot Orbi which doesn’t happen after the Google Home confirmation that the request was completed.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7