Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest network

Darrrio
Aspirant

Guest network

Hi I couldn't find the Guest Network function in my RBR50 menu. I saw people complainig for the guest network being disruptive on ORBI systems. Does anybody knows anything about it? Are they planning to solve the problem  and reactivate the guest network function in the next firmware?

Thank you.

Dario

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Guest network

What firmware are your Orbi's on? As far as I know version 2.0.x.x supports the guest network just fine. The complaints being that you cannot turn it off and on without disrupting the main network as the router seems to reboot when you do that.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What firmware are your Orbi's on? As far as I know version 2.0.x.x supports the guest network just fine. The complaints being that you cannot turn it off and on without disrupting the main network as the router seems to reboot when you do that.

Message 2 of 4
Darrrio
Aspirant

Hi AAZ,
I installed the latest firmware upgrade manually and everything works just fine now. I don't actually need to switch on and off the guest network, therefore the forced disruptive system reload issue doesn't affect me.
Thank you for your support.
Dario
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
JoeM845
Luminary

Guest network functions to provide Internet access to devices. It does not provide complete isolation when the Orbi is used in AP mode however.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7