Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest network

dchbbc
Apprentice

Guest network

I have a RBR40 with 3 satellites. I'm not sure why this model doesn't show up as a choice. I made a guest network. I have it disabled but I want to delete it completely. I can't find how to do this. Any help?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Guest network

You need to log in to the routers web page using a PC or laptop and a web browser to disable Guest Network. SHould be under the Basic Tab or Advanced Tab. 

Message 2 of 8
dchbbc
Apprentice

Hi. Thanks. I did that already and there is no disable, at least on mine. I tried to delete the name and password but it won't save without them. I guess I'll just have to leave it.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? There should be a check mark to enable or disable Guest Network. 

You can do a factory reset ON the RBR and setup from scratch. Guest Network is disabled by default if I remember correctly. 

@dchbbc wrote:

Hi. Thanks. I did that already and there is no disable, at least on mine. I tried to delete the name and password but it won't save without them. I guess I'll just have to leave it.

Message 4 of 8
dchbbc
Apprentice

I'm on Edge Windows 10. I can try on Chrome or on my iPad. Too much work to reset everything and put all of the custom names back. Thanks for the help though

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, there should be a disable and enable check box. Look for this. Try with a different browser. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

Does your GUI look like this?

If not, use Chrome.

Annotation 2019-02-26 164548.jpg

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@dchbbc wrote:

I'm on Edge Windows 10. I can try on Chrome or on my iPad. Too much work to reset everything and put all of the custom names back. Thanks for the help though

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7