Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HELP wanlan conflict

lbuelow
Follower

HELP wanlan conflict

I'm having a few problems with the set-up of my NetGear Orbi, and while there's lots of great suggestions here on the Community, I can't use any of them because I have the wanlan conflict issue that there are threads about in the community. However, the issue itself means that I can't follow any of the solutions given. I can't log into orbilogin.net. I also can't log into my modem/gateway. I get this message in all cases: 

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

We can help you to recover the router’s admin password. Please complete the information below and click Continue.

Enter the router's Serial Number: 
(You can find it on the router product label.)

I think that I need to set my gateway to bridge mode for things to work properly - is this correct? But to do this, I need to be able to log into my gateway without this error code. Then I also am having issues with Chromebooks connecting. I may have found a solution in the community for that, but it requires the orbilogin website, which I also get this error code if I try to access. 

Lastly, I tried doing some reconfiguring as a work around for the chrome books and I think I just messed everything up. I tried to reset the orbi and it didn't seem to reset. It's kind of working again now, so I've just left it alone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been at this for 6 hours and I'm ready to throw it or myself off the roof!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Do you have a computer with an ethernet port?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

If you unplug the Orbi from the internet modem, a computer connected directly to the modem should be able to connect to the modem.

Also, an Orbi can be configured without being connected to the modem.  Do a "Factory Reset", connect to one of the LAN ports with a computer and login to http://192.168.1.1.  After you get it set up the way you want, then connect it to the modem.

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

The best thing to if you are a novice is to follow the Orbi instructions :

https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation