Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HP Envy 7640 will not connect thru Orbi RBR40

Wudimanada
Follower

HP Envy 7640 will not connect thru Orbi RBR40

Currently, I am unable to connect 2 laptops to my printer thru WiFi. Meanwhile our iPhones and IPads work just fine. I am able to connect one laptop to the USB port. I know to disconnect the USB when trying to set up a wireless connection. I have also tried sharing the printer across the network, which did not work. I am using Windows 10 on both laptops. I can see the printer on the Orbi App. I know the printer is on the WiFi because the iPhones/iPads can print, plus I can see it in the Orbi App on my phone. 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: HP Envy 7640 will not connect thru Orbi RBR40

At what point does the HP Smart App for Windows fail?

(item 2 on this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1780623-1698506-16 

I doubt this is a contributing factor, but my (personal) practice is to assign IP addresses to things that are 'permanent', such as printers, so that every time they connect to the network, they are at the same IP address.

Would be an interesting experiment to connect the printer using an ethernet cable (temporarily) and see how that goes.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7