Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HP envy 4502 printer won't print on ORBI network

Risklife
Follower

HP envy 4502 printer won't print on ORBI network

I cannot print to my HP envy 4502 wireless printer. The printer recognizes the network and the IP address, 10.0.0.1, but nothing prints from my desktop running windows 7. All passwords are set to the ORBI.  Any help would be appreciated. Netgear telephone support could not resolve this. I changed the channel on the ORBI from auto to 11 and still no success. My ipads and iphone print with Airprint though. Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@Risklife wrote:

I cannot print to my HP envy 4502 wireless printer. The printer recognizes the network and the IP address, 10.0.0.1, but nothing prints from my desktop running windows 7. All passwords are set to the ORBI.  Any help would be appreciated. Netgear telephone support could not resolve this. I changed the channel on the ORBI from auto to 11 and still no success. My ipads and iphone print with Airprint though. Thanks

The iPad and iPhone are able to print to this HP printer over WiFi, but the Windows 7 desktop cannot?  Then, the issue is with the computer, not the printer and not Orbi.  WiFi channel is not an issue.  Can we assume that the desktop can do everything else besides print?  i.e. browse the internet, do email, etc

I had a situation where my desktop would "lose" the printer every time it got issued a new IP address by the router.  My cure was to "assign" a specific IP address to the printer, so that it was always "at the same place."  This is on the Advanced Tab, under Setup, LAN Setup.  (Hint: I would assign the printer the same IP that is has currently.  This is just to make certain that it does not change to a new one some day.)

Then, delete the printer from Windows and configure a new printer from scratch.

Message 2 of 3

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

If you have changed anything on the network it may be useful to reset the printer and set it up from scratch.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7