Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Had to return my Orbi system, fix your system if you want people to buy it Netgear

ah42
Tutor

Had to return my Orbi system, fix your system if you want people to buy it Netgear

I really wanted to like this wifi system. It provided great coverage and the speeds were excellent. However, there were too many issues with devices dropping connections and chromecast functionality. I never had a single issue with my chromecast on my old Asus router. From the day I installed Orbi my phone would constantly have trouble connecting to my chromecast and casting media from Netflix/HBO Go/Spotify/Youtube. This is the main way I consume media on my tv so this was a deal breaker for this system. One of the causes of this issue is the fact that there is no way to rename the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz ssid's to different names. Many devices get confused and just flat out don't work in this scenario. I can see that I'm lucky I was able to get my system returned in time, because there is a huge list of users who are demanding a refund because they are outside of their return window.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
tagteam
Virtuoso

Re: Had to return my Orbi system, fix your system if you want people to buy it Netgear

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Had to return my Orbi system, fix your system if you want people to buy it Netgear

Some users had better operation with disabling Beamforming, MIMO or Daisy Chain features.

Mines been working great since day 1 with MIMO and Daisy Chain features disabled.

Message 3 of 6
ah42
Tutor

This device is supposed to work with only 1 ssid for all bands, that's how it's designed. It claims to automatically steer your devices to the right channel/band. We shouldn't have to use a backdoor and write code for our devices to work properly. The average consumer would have no clue how to do that stuff anyway. And as far as the beamforming, mimo, and daisychaining goes I tried enabling and disabling all of those and still had the issues. Thank God for Amazon's return policy. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 6
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

@ah42wrote:

This device is supposed to work with only 1 ssid for all bands, that's how it's designed. It claims to automatically steer your devices to the right channel/band. We shouldn't have to use a backdoor and write code for our devices to work properly. The average consumer would have no clue how to do that stuff anyway. And as far as the beamforming, mimo, and daisychaining goes I tried enabling and disabling all of those and still had the issues. Thank God for Amazon's return policy. 

You're totally right. However, just a friendly reminder - please do leave a review on Amazon about your experience in case you haven't already. Netgear is hiding behind inflated postitive reviews and fanboys like  @FURRYe38 here.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7