Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Haiku L fan won't connect

Mitsch
Follower

Haiku L fan won't connect

I have a couple of Haiku L fans and I recently upgraded to the Orbi RBR50. The fan/lights immediately disconnected. 

I tried resetting the fans and no joy. Turned off 5ghz, beamforming and MU-MIMO. On advice from Haiku avoided using channels 10 and 1. I also turned off Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence.

Success!!

I turned it all back on again and it stopped again.

I eventually tracked down Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence as the culprit. I've been able to use all other settings without issue as long as I leave Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence unchecked.

I've posted this for two reasons, firstly I didn't find anything pointing to Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence as the issue with Haiku fans so I wanted it on record. Secondly, I'm an amature when it comes to routing but is there a setting where I can force the router to 20mhz or 40mhz for just two devices (fans - whichever works) while leaving co-existance on for all other purposes? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Haiku L fan won't connect

Sounds like this fan device only has problems with 20/40Mhz channel with auto setting. Someting to contact the MFr of this device about. If other devices on your Orbi don't have a problem and only this one device does, I would inform the mfr of this device. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Haiku L fan won't connect

@Mitsch wrote:

is there a setting where I can force the router to 20mhz or 40mhz for just two devices (fans - whichever works) while leaving co-existance on for all other purposes? 

The setting is either "on" or "off".  It cannot be "on" for some devices and "off" for other devices.

Sorry.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7