Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Half gray bars between satellite and router - how to fix this?

jojo2go
Apprentice

Half gray bars between satellite and router - how to fix this?

I noticed when my device is on the 5 Ghz band connected to the satellite, I can sometimes connect at my max speed.  Other times(for no reason), I am about half my speed.  Today I logged into the satellte during one of these half speed connection times, and noticed in the satellite status there are half 'gray' bars between the satellite and router.  I suspect this is why I am only getting half my speed.  See picture below.  What does this mean?  How do I fix it?  My satellite is not that far away from the router (maybe 15-20 feet) on the other side of the home, and the connection did show a blue light when I set it up.  I have the most recent firmware version on both the router and satellite (1.4.0.34).

IMG_3093 (1).PNG

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
jojo2go
Apprentice

I exchanged my Orbi 3-pack at Costco and the new hardware solved this problem. I am now running normally and no longer see the half gray bars between the router and satellite (as in the picture above). I am getting full, stable speed at the satellite. Thanks swrtwdrv for the suggestion. It was a hardware problem after all!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

Gee.  I didn't know the status page indicated link quality. I couldn't view your picture tho.  One of my satellites is about 70' away through a couple of walls, and it shows all blue on the status page.  If you didn't do a factory reset after the firmware upgrade, then do it now on the satellite and router.

Message 2 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

I did do factory resets. The satellite connection works great for awhile then for no reason goes back to half connnection speed. I do a power reset on router and the satellite works good again for while then later goes back to half connection speed or lower
Message 3 of 5
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

My guess is you have faulty equipment.  Return if you can, or contact tech support.

Message 4 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

I exchanged my Orbi 3-pack at Costco and the new hardware solved this problem. I am now running normally and no longer see the half gray bars between the router and satellite (as in the picture above). I am getting full, stable speed at the satellite. Thanks swrtwdrv for the suggestion. It was a hardware problem after all!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7