Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hardwired AP

Blitzkrieg84
Aspirant

Hardwired AP

I recently purchased my first Netgear orbee setup long story short I just need to know if I need to do anything special for my network I have the router connected to the main modem one satellite in my living room between those two I cover the entire house I have an additional satellite in the efficiency outback that is hardwired back to the main orbee... But when I look at my connected devices it shows the one satellite as green and the other satellite as red.
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Hardwired AP

@Blitzkrieg84 wrote:
But when I look at my connected devices it shows the one satellite as green and the other satellite as red.

Is this status on the Orbi web interface or the "app"?

It could be that the second satellite never got sync'd to the router.  My tactic for handling this is to put them in the same room (literally).  Power on the satellite, and watch the LED ring at the top.  Does it follow the sequence described in this web page:https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

Message 2 of 4
Blitzkrieg84
Aspirant

I synced and set them.both us as satellites first and both showed to be functional and online from the app. I then unplugged one and took it to the efficiency and plugged in the hardwired cat6 cable that goes underground to the house and back to the main router. Now it shows one red in the orbi moblie app. Have not logged into the web interface yet since I plugged it in.
Message 3 of 4
Blitzkrieg84
Aspirant

This is what the app shows.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements