Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Harmony Hub Issues

gmhaynes
Aspirant

Harmony Hub Issues

In the last month or so, I moved into a new home and set up a component cabinet on the main floor with two Sonos Connect AMPs on top shelf, DirecTV Genie, SmartThings Hubs and Harmony Hub on middle shelf and XBox One on bottom shelf.  My Orbi Router is directly below this room in the basement and my satellite is on the second floor on the oppsite side of the house connected via ethernet backhaul.  Everything in the cabinet is hardwired via Cat6 except the Harmony Hub (not an option).  My Harmony Hub is constantly dropping its WiFi connection and I often get long delays when using the Harmony remote (or Alexa).  I have my 2.4 wifi set to channel 1, SonosNet on Channel 11 and Zigbee (SmartThings Hub) on Channel 20.  I currently have Daisy Chain disabled, but all other features enabled (MIMO, Fast Roaming & Implicit Beamforming).  I only have a few neighbors within range, but no one else appears to be utilizing Channel 1 for their 2.4 wifi.  I contacted Logitech and their only advice was to plug a standard router into my Orbi and broadcast only the 2.4 signal and connect the Harmony Hub to that.  Obviously, I would really like to avoid having to do that.  Just looking for a little guidance/suggestions on what may be causing my issues and how I can fix it. Thanks!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW are you using?

Was a full power down of the Orbi system for 1 minute then back on if you updated FW?

Any other wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What channels are you using? Try manual 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming, save settings and reboot the router.

Seen issues with this Harmony Hub device. I don't have one. Possible that the hub doesn't like smart connect MESH wifi systems. Either the Orbi or Harmony have problems getting them connected to there perspective frequencies.

Maybe @Tgterm can come back and let us know if his experiences are any better since he posted last:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Harmony-Hub-issues-since-2-1-4-16-Coincidence/m-p/1596715#M346...

Other thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-2gh-Issues-with-Smart-Devices-and-Hubs-that-are-2gh-Only/...

Message 2 of 4
gmhaynes
Aspirant

What FW are you using? 2.1.4.16

Was a full power down of the Orbi system for 1 minute then back on if you updated FW? I can't say for sure.

Any other wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many?  Just a few and I have checked channel usage. See below.

What channels are you using? Try manual 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz. 2.4ghz set to Channel 1.  Not a lot of neighbors, but 1 was definitely the least used.  SonosNet using Channel 11. Zigbee (SmartThings Hub) using Channel 20.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming, save settings and reboot the router. Daisy Chain is disabled. MIMO and Fast Roaming are not, nor his implicit beamforming.  I am willing to try disabling any/all of those three features if you believe they could fix this Harmony issue.  When you say "reboot the router", is there a specific process for that or can I just power cycle it?

It definitely seems like the Harmony does not like mesh systems, especially with Logitech support quick to recommend connecting a separate router as AP with only 2.4ghz band enabled. I have seen others suggest enabling the Orbi Guest Network to use for 2.4 ghz hubs. Any thoughts on that?

I did reach out via private message to Tgterm and unfortunately he is still having issues.  He believes it is an RF issue between Remote/Hub, but I am not so sure that is the case because his issues are very similar to mine and I know that mine are WiFi related.

Thanks again for your help.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

My Harmony Hubs (I have two) work fine with the my Orbi system in general - Until I throw my Samsung S8 into the mix.  Once I try to use the S8 as a wifi remote, I get all kinds of disconnects on the S8 and the Harmony app shuts down.  The light on the hub also turns red momentarily.  

This is the only major issue I have with my orbi system.

(and yes I have the latest firmware everywhere, don't need a reset, etc...)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7