Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Has anyone returned to costco after 90 days? The disconnects are killing me....

jj777
Guide

Has anyone returned to costco after 90 days? The disconnects are killing me....

Keep going through the firmware updates, but daily I have to unplug and restart the system to reconnect.  VERY frustrated....

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 14

Re: Has anyone returned to costco after 90 days? The disconnects are killing me....

new fw has just been released to auto update , try it first and factory reset after its fully updated and manually re enter any data needed and test

if its still an issue after that contact me and i can help you get it escalated and rma if needed

pete

Message 2 of 14
Hsc1102
Apprentice

I am wondering the same thing, wonder if they would even offer a store credit at this point. My unit has turned into an expensive magenta dim flashlight.
Message 3 of 14

same for you above , if the latest fw doesnt fix your issue plas message me and i will help you escilate it and get rma if needed

Message 4 of 14
Hsc1102
Apprentice

Yes, I am willing to try anything at this point.  What do you need me to do?  I am already on the BETA firmware.

Message 5 of 14

if the latest beta fw doesnt work for you its worth going to escilation and rma pretty much now , you will have to suppy some testing details and test fw b4 but if at the end you will egt rma and a replacement or refund  , its your choice and plz let me know

pete

Message 6 of 14
Hsc1102
Apprentice

Ok, so what's the next step?

I thought I stated earlier, but I am not able to access my router because it is still solid Magenta.

Message 7 of 14

plz message me a description of the problem along with the serial numbers of your orbi devices and i can pass this onto the dev team who will contact you and take you through the process , also plz supply email address

thanks

pete

Message 8 of 14
jj777
Guide

To answer my own question: yes, you can return to Costco within a year. They took it back at over 6 months with no questions.  Love Costco.

Never got anywhere with Netgear support - by phone or via forum.  Got tired of wasting so much time on this. The offer to help on this forum was a dead end. 

Bought new Eero Pro - set up in about 10 minutes.  Had one issue, called support 7PM EST, immediately spoke with a knowledgeable, super-cool guy who helped with my issue.  The interface is super slick. Miss all the ethernet ports of the orbi but I'll deal with that.  Much rather have reliable internet!

Message 9 of 14

@jj777 wrote:

Never got anywhere with Netgear support - by phone or via forum.  Got tired of wasting so much time on this. The offer to help on this forum was a dead end. 

sorry but thats just bullshyt

you never msg me , nor anything else , i offered you help yet you never contacted me at all

seems some just dont want help but would rather just complain

Message 10 of 14
jj777
Guide

Really?

No response to this last one...

Sent: ‎2017-07-06 06:46 AM
Read: ‎2017-07-06 12:01 PM

Thank you again for your help. 

I am still with daily disconnects. 

Support case #28641XXX.

serial: XXXXX

Purchase Costco: 12/16/2016

Firmware V1.11.0.20

Adjusted settings based on support recommendations. 

Still with near daily disconnects from Comcast internet - need to restart for reconnection. 

hi

no real easy fix atm as far as i know 

i can help get you case escilated to tech level 3 if you wish which will end up with an rma so you can return if its a proven fault 

just need some details from you 

eg 

short history of performance and issues along with fw version and serial numbers , purchase date , email address etc , as much detail as possible and i will forward to the correct department and they will contact you 

cheers 

Message 11 of 14
nizmoz
Apprentice

You don't work for Netgear and are not support.  Stop wasting peoples time.

@peteytesting wrote:

@jj777 wrote:

sorry but thats just bullshyt

you never msg me , nor anything else , i offered you help yet you never contacted me at all

seems some just dont want help but would rather just complain

Message 12 of 14

@jj777 wrote:

Really?

No response to this last one...

Sent: ‎2017-07-06 06:46 AM
Read: ‎2017-07-06 12:01 PM

Thank you again for your help. 

I am still with daily disconnects. 

Support case #28641XXX.

serial: XXXXX

Purchase Costco: 12/16/2016

Firmware V1.11.0.20

Adjusted settings based on support recommendations. 

Still with near daily disconnects from Comcast internet - need to restart for reconnection. 

Re: Daily disconnects
Sent: ‎2017-06-29 05:42 PM

hi

no real easy fix atm as far as i know 

i can help get you case escilated to tech level 3 if you wish which will end up with an rma so you can return if its a proven fault 

just need some details from you 

eg 

short history of performance and issues along with fw version and serial numbers , purchase date , email address etc , as much detail as possible and i will forward to the correct department and they will contact you 

cheers 

still havnt got those details from you

Message 13 of 14

@nizmoz wrote:

You don't work for Netgear and are not support.  Stop wasting peoples time.

however as a superuser i am able to offer assistance to get ppl through to level 3 support and a much quicker way to get the issue sorted or rma and avoid end users having to go through level 1 and 2 support

as posted all i need is the serial numbers , an explanation of the fault/s and a few other details which i can then pass onto support who will then take the case on

at this stage no one has actually taken up this offer and sent me the full details needed

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7