Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Has anyone tried Orbi pro SRK60?vs orbi rbk53 ?

mastervisa30
Luminary

Has anyone tried Orbi pro SRK60?vs orbi rbk53 ?

Since there are so many problems with orbbi Rbk53, I wonder and try something new, orbi rbk53 works well, the only problem is rebooting and i have some trouble sometimes that it does not choose 5ghz when there is good signals,My deadline for sending back is Monday open purchase, so wonder and try the Pro system or something else and then I have some trouble that it does not choose 5ghz sometimes when there is good signal.Its verry fast and nice when its working,so I do not want anything worse, but something that is more stable.

I have a big house,garden and many devices,

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
tinypocket
Guide

Re: Has anyone tried Orbi pro SRK60?vs orbi rbk53 ?

I have the RBK50 and had the same thought as you. See my experience w/ SRK60: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Does-2-1-2-18-make-Orbi-Pro-unstable/m-p/1489459#M21666

Basically, if you're having issues with the home version, you'll probably have issues with business version on the latest firmware. What I found is: if you don't need the 2.x features your best bet is to downgrade to the 1.x firmware, factory reset, disable auto updates and stick with that. Not sure if 1.x will help with the 5ghz issue, but it'll likley help with rebooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7