Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Has firmware auto update been turned off by Netgear?

taohat
Star

Has firmware auto update been turned off by Netgear?

I have 2.1.3.4 that was manually installed to my RBK53 when it was released as beta a while ago.  It has been at least 2 overnights and there has been no auto update. I only got notification of new firmware 2.1.4.10 in the app and in the web interface. I did not do any fix using telnet etc.

Not sure if (1) Netgear has turned off auto pushing out new firmware from their end or (2) somehow the "beta" status of 2.1.3.4 can allow the firmware to stay as long as the user wants.

Seems cautiously good news.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Mine autoupdated from 2.1.3.4 to 2.1.4.10

Message 2 of 4
tagteam
Virtuoso

My system auto-updated from 2.1.2.18 to 2.1.4.10 in the typical fashion (at least in my case); the new firmware will first appear in the web UI and then it will install after an extended idle period, which is usually overnight.

Message 3 of 4
Tnerb123
Tutor

Yes they disabled auto update in one of there versions. You will need to manually update to the latest if you are not currently on 2.1.4.10.  Once off that version, auto updates should be resolved. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7