Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help - Losing Orbi50 connection

mmaso01
Tutor

Help - Losing Orbi50 connection

I have an Orbi50 and a satellite.  Been working well for over a year. This week, I started losing connectivity a few days a time.  Firmware ver. 2.7.2.104

The Orbi is plugged into my modem (the way it has always been). My PC is plugged directly into the orbi via ethernet. I also use wifi througout the house.  

What ends up happening is that I lose connection on my pc - no internet. It feels like the orbi goes to sleep. If I go into the admin page on the orbi and run a "test" on the internet setup page, the internet comes back!!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Help - Losing Orbi50 connection

did you try the steps I recommended. after disable dst and traffic monitor, reboot the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Theres been a few posts with issues with that firmware. 

What you could try first would be to disable daylight savings time option and the traffic meter.

If that doesn't help, try a factory reset and reinstall. 

If that doesn't help, I'd try downgrading that firmware. 

Message 2 of 7
mmaso01
Tutor

Will do, thanks.  It just started and nothing has changed.  It is confirmed - I lose it 2-4 times per day and running the "test" in the settings seems to bring it back. This is getting old really fast.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

did you try the steps I recommended. after disable dst and traffic monitor, reboot the router. 

Message 4 of 7

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 7
mmaso01
Tutor

Running on four days now without going down!  Your tips did the trick I believe. For future readers, I simply disabled daylight savings time option and the traffic meter. I did not do a factory resent or reinstall or downgrade the firmware. So far, so good.

Thank You!

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

glad it worked for you!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation