Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help....RBR50 issue

drspec
Follower

Help....RBR50 issue

I added an outdoor satellite to my Orbi system that has been working perfectly for over a year and a half. Orbi did a firmware update to allow the satellite to connect and now half of my devices are offline. 

I separated my ssid to a 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands because I had some older devices that wouldnt connect or function properly with the single ssid. 

Now, I cant get the 2.4 GHz band to show in my available networks. Did something change with the latest firmware update? If so, how can I rollback my firmware, to what firmware should I rollback to and will that potentially fix my problem?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help....RBR50 issue

Don't separate the SSID. Its not supported. You can disable the 5Ghz SSID for those devices that have problems getting setup on Orbi and only support 2.4Ghz. 

Factory reset the RBS and re-add it. 

Is daisy chain enabled? 

How do you have the RBS placed out from the RBR? In a line or star formation? 

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Help....RBR50 issue

@drspec wrote:

Now, I cant get the 2.4 GHz band to show in my available networks. Did something change with the latest firmware update? ...........

If devices can't see your 2.4 GHz band then that is because Orbi is using a 2.4 GHz channel that the device does not support (most likely Orbi automatically switched to one of the upper 2.4 GHz channels which not many devices support).

Please set Orbi to a fixed 2.4 GHz channel that is both minimally used by your surrounding and that all your devices support.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7