Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help needed

talgoufi
Aspirant

Help needed

Hi; 

I set up the RBR50 router and 4 satellites and every thing went fine until I reach the firmware upgrade. Tried, through genie app, to upgrade the firmware twice and failed to upgrade. I have pressed router reboot button and for over 30 minutes the LED flashing white and the network is not functioning any more. Tried to switch it off and on with no luck. The satellites are umber color.

Can any body help me, I really appreciate it

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8

@talgoufi wrote:

Hi; 

I set up the RBR50 router and 4 satellites and every thing went fine until I reach the firmware upgrade. Tried, through genie app, to upgrade the firmware twice and failed to upgrade. I have pressed router reboot button and for over 30 minutes the LED flashing white and the network is not functioning any more. Tried to switch it off and on with no luck. The satellites are umber color.

Can any body help me, I really appreciate it

flashing white means the orbi router is in setup mode

connect to it by wifi or ethernet and run the setup precess as well , do not use the genie app , download the orbi app if you have to use a modebile type device , but its better and easier to plug a comp into the orbi router by ethernet and do both the initial setup and any firmware updates

Message 2 of 8
talgoufi
Aspirant

Thank you; I have trouble as my comp does not have ethernet port. However in orbi app it does not recognize the router at all niether on the previous setting I have done nor as a new setup.

Can you advice please 

Message 3 of 8

if you have factory reset you will need to connect to its ssid name  and use the passphrase thats printed on the underside of the orbi router

once connected then run the orbi app

Message 4 of 8
talgoufi
Aspirant

I tried to reset the router it doesn't. i.e doesn't change the LED to amber?

Message 5 of 8
talgoufi
Aspirant

and there is no more orbi wifi recognized

Message 6 of 8
talgoufi
Aspirant

now I managed to hook the router to a comp via ethernet and failed to connect with router. 

Message 7 of 8

sounds like you have fried it , might need to rma and have it looked at

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7