Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help with Set-up RBK50 - Centurylink Fiber

jpmpls99
Aspirant

Help with Set-up RBK50 - Centurylink Fiber

I am hoping that someone can provide set-up for a non-technical user. I was recently upgraded to Centurylink 100Mb service with Fiber. I do not (or won't soon) use CL phone service, nor do I use Prism. I have some sort of box (I assume a Optical Netowrk Terminator) and a C2100T modem/router in the basement of the house. I need coverage over about 3000 sqft. I purchased the Orbi Rbk50 and would like to use it to improve coverage as we have exponentially increased devices and streaming within the house of 4 people. Can someone provide the steps necessary to set up the Orbi router and satellite? Thanks for your help.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
st_shaw
Master

I already gave you detailed steps in response to the post you made on dslreports yesterday.

A CenturyLink technician also weighed in with some information for you.

How about working with that information instead of duplicating things on here?

Message 2 of 7
jpmpls99
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure I fully understood. I had no idea the two forumns were so closely linked. No offense intended. I'm going to try it tonight. 

Message 3 of 7
st_shaw
Master

@jpmpls99 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure I fully understood. I had no idea the two forumns were so closely linked. No offense intended. I'm going to try it tonight. 

No problem. The forums aren't linked, but I've been a member of dslreports since 2000.

Let me know if you have any questions. My suggestion to use Orbi in Access Point mode is the easiest to setup with Century Link and will give you the full benefits of Orbi's WiFi coverage. I'd suggest starting with that first, to see how Orbi works for you. You can try the more complex setups later, if you decide you want to.

Message 4 of 7
cwjones
Aspirant

Pointer to discussion over on DSL Reports?

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 6 of 7
st_shaw
Master

@cwjones wrote:

Pointer to discussion over on DSL Reports?

See here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31996958-Orbi-wifi-connection

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7