Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hi ping with Nokia G-010G-Q fiber modem and Netgear ORBI RSR50

Hermod69
Aspirant

Hi ping with Nokia G-010G-Q fiber modem and Netgear ORBI RSR50

Hi.

I have internet from Telenor here in Norway. Currently fiber connection with a Nokia G-010-G-Q fiber modem delivering 360Mbps up and down. I have 1 RBR50 and onr RBS50. All devices have firmware version V2.7.3.22. Inhouse I have ethernet cabels to sattelite and to other devices around the house. Router is located in a technical room.

When pinging the ISP's DNS, the ping time is very unstable. As often from 5 to 500 ms. But sometimes it peeks up to 2000 and 3000 ms. I have connected a pc directly to the fiber modem and testet from there. The ping time directlyu from the fiber modem is then from 5 ms and under.

In addition of this, I have a cable decoder for TV. When I turn this on, the router is terminating all traffic and the streaming on the cable tv decoder is very poor.

Anyone help me with this 2 issues?

Regards,

Hermod Svingerud

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Hi ping with Nokia G-010G-Q fiber modem and Netgear ORBI RSR50

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Whats the CAT version of cables being used? CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Is the cable TV decoder unit wireless or wire connected to the Orbi system? Wired would be preferred. 

Message 2 of 4
Hermod69
Aspirant

Hi,

I have not done a factory reset yet after last firmware update.

I use CAT 8 in my house.

The house is abaout 180 square feet divede in 2 floors.

The sattelite, RBS,  is connected to RBR with cable. There is a switch between the devices.

The TV-Decoder is connected with cable. No option for Wifi yet.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and 📡?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7