Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HiRez music streaming problem

Gellie
Aspirant

HiRez music streaming problem

So in the last day or so ive been having intermitent problems streaming HiRez music from my Squeezbox touch. I have been experiancing buffering problems. The folks on the Squeezbox forms insist its a WiFi Issue. I have the routers in AP mode. I have changed the 2.4ghz channel , and it seemed to have work for a hour or so. Mind you this is the only device i am have any trouble with. I am using a Fios router thats about 6 months old. Are there any settings i should check/change before performing hard resets on the Fios/Orbi? I have already unpugged everything and repluuged it on. Unfortunatly i can not hard wire into the router. TIA

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 4
Gellie
Aspirant

Thanks. How do I perform a factory reset and setup?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Two ways, by entering the RBRs web page and selecting ERASE under Administration/Backup Settings or by pressing the reset button in back of the RBR/RBS for 15 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard and be sure to write down important information for safe keeping. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7