Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Hide SSID option removed from RBR50 firmware 2.7.2.104

jasondunn
Apprentice

Hide SSID option removed from RBR50 firmware 2.7.2.104

I need to temporarily hide the SSID of my 5Ghz network, but the option to do so appears to have been removed. I'm under Advanced > Setup > Wireless Setup. Wasn't it here previously? Did they move it someplace else?

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.29.48 AM.png

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

You want the Wireless Setup under "Advanced Setup" at the bottom of the menu.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@jasondunn wrote:

I need to temporarily hide the SSID of my 5Ghz network, but the option to do so appears to have been removed. I'm under Advanced > Setup > Wireless Setup. Wasn't it here previously? Did they move it someplace else?

That is indeed where it is. (see attached image)

p.s. Images that are included "in-line" using the Photos icon in the menu bar do not appear to other users until they are approved by a forum moderator.  There are not many moderators, so this can take hours (or days?)

Images that are "attached" using the Browse... button below are visible immediately.

Message 2 of 8
jasondunn
Apprentice

I appreciate the fast response, but mine looks nothing like yours - hence my confusion, and that's why I posted here. So if I'm on the latest firmware (2.7.2.104) and I have none of those options - in fact it's IDENTICAL to the basic wireless settings - what do I do?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try a different browser? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 4 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@jasondunn wrote:

I appreciate the fast response, but mine looks nothing like yours - hence my confusion, and that's why I posted here. So if I'm on the latest firmware (2.7.2.104) and I have none of those options - in fact it's IDENTICAL to the basic wireless settings - what do I do?

I also have the latest firmware.  Can you attach that image?

It would be helpful to know which device requires this much effort to connect.  I have a whole box full of devices which scream out MUST HAVE 2.4G WiFi and all connected to Orbi with my smartphone connected at 5G.  In the last year, I think only two devices required the "stop broadcasting SSID" procedure.

Message 5 of 8
jasondunn
Apprentice

I've tried accesing this part of the router in Chrome, Edge, and Safari on my Mac. I've also tried Chrome on my PC. I've attached the screenshot here, hopefully it works this time.

I haven't factory reset the router in a while and don't particularly want to, but if that's a reccomendated solution to this issue or not seeing settings where they should be, I'll do it.

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

You want the Wireless Setup under "Advanced Setup" at the bottom of the menu.

Message 7 of 8
jasondunn
Apprentice

<hangs head in shame> 🤦🏻‍♂️

I would like to start a GoFundMe to send the "designers" of Netgear router UI to design school because it's a tragedy how confusing this make it, even for geeks like me. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7