Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Home network

Raiden78
Aspirant

Home network

I have an Orbi RBR40. Intention is to use it as a mesh to improve WiFi access across the house. That works fine. I also discovered the Circle functionality, which I really want to retain.

I attached the Orbi (RBR40) router to my Fritzbox 7581 router, which is connected to the internet. I'm using the Fritz NAS functionality with a simple USB drive to store movies. At the other side I have a Minix Neo to access those movies. 

My Windows 10 PC is connected to the Orbi while the Minix is connected to the Fritzbox (I have to, as my IPTV and minix use the same . Therefore, from Minix I can access the Fritz NAS, while I can't access it from my PC.

Questions:

• How can I make both PC and Minix discover the Fritz NAS in the network? Do I have to reconfigure the Orbi?
  • How can I make the PC and Minix discover eachother in the network? Create a bridge? How?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

you're having issues because you've got multiple routers (running in router mode) on your network. you've got a double nat

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If you're only using the orbi for wifi coverage, the easiest option is to place it in AP (access point) mode. You lose the ability to run disney circle but the wifi will work fine, the ethernet ports will all work, and you'll still be able to use the fritzbox as you are. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

you're having issues because you've got multiple routers (running in router mode) on your network. you've got a double nat

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If you're only using the orbi for wifi coverage, the easiest option is to place it in AP (access point) mode. You lose the ability to run disney circle but the wifi will work fine, the ethernet ports will all work, and you'll still be able to use the fritzbox as you are. 

Message 2 of 3
Raiden78
Aspirant

Hi Plemans,

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. I will investigate it from there. I was starting to like Circle, so I will probably retain the situation and find another way to access the NAS from the computer (e.g. FTP or WebDav). 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7