Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Homepod with Orbi

press045
Follower

Homepod with Orbi

Good morning,

I've posted this issue with Apple as well, as I'm not sure whether this is an Apple issue or Netgear issue. However, I have two Apple Hompods paired to play in stereo in my family room. For a long time this worked great. Recently, whenever I tell Siri to play music on my Homepods, it only plays out of one of them. If I use Airplay 2, it works fine - the music plays out of both speakers in stereo. I'm assuming there is something with the Hompod or with my Orbi that doesn't recognize that these speakers are supposed to play in tandem. I'm wondering if for some reason the Orbi network shows them as separate things instead of one. I know this is a very specific issue, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same. Thank you for your help. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Homepod with Orbi

Orbi should be transparent in this case. Setting the speakers in stereo configuration should be taken care of by the application.
I have a similar configuration using Chromecast with LG Soundbar and surround speakers. I see no issues with this configuration caused by Orbi.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7