Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Horrible Experience with Orbi so far!

Sickej
Follower

Horrible Experience with Orbi so far!

I purchased orbi last week, and so far things have gotten off to a bad start.  I dl to the latest firmware(something like 1.08) right when i bought it last week.  I'm not sure if i have a bad unit, but so far the bugs are:

1.  Internet connection (wifi or ethernet) disconnects 1-2 times an hr.  It would automatically re-establish the internet connection after 1-2 minuties.

2. Everytime i change a setting,  Orbi resets and i loose internet connection from 1-2 minutes.

3.  I setup a schedule where the wifi network shuts off at 10pm and re-establishes at 5am.  But for some reason the connections turns off 1hr after the schedule time!  Is there a time setting that i'm missing somewhere?

This is really unacceptable for a $400 device!  I went from the ASUS AC5300 (which is was really rock solid for me, but i needed soemthing  with better wifi coverage)   I read up on  the reviews for ORBI on youtube and amazon, and people seem to have nothing but praise for the Orbi.   I thought maybe i received a bad unit, but after reading up on Netgear forums, you can see from other post this seems to be a common problem. Especially the internet connection issue.  

Unfortunately i threw my box away or else i would have return the ORBI ASAP!  I'm going to give it a few more weeks, and if a fix is not released, i'm chucking the Orbi and heading in a different direction.  

Message 1 of 3
Odymann
Guide

Re: Horrible Experience with Orbi so far!

I had trouble when I first getting Orbi. It drops often too, . After trying with different port with wired devices, I found out that my device using connection between router and the powerline for remote connection was causing it. When I hook up the powerline device to a bridged router that link back to the router, it is prefectly fine.  

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Horrible Experience with Orbi so far!

Hello sickej

1. Are you saying it loses all internet connect even over wired connection or are you saying only wireless?

2. What settings are you changing when it loses connection? some settings require the router to reboot.

3. Sounds like the time setting is off by a timezone if its off by a hour.

And if you believe the the unit may be defective I would suggest contacting our support since the unit will be under warranty.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7