Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Horrible download speed!

frocha
Aspirant

Horrible download speed!

We recently purchased an Orbi AC3000 because of all of the rave reviews and replaced our Nighthawk AC1900/R7000.  OMG! the Orbi SUCKS!!!  (sorry, I'm just so angry and frustrated!).  We spent a LOT of money for this thing, and we're only getting 30Mbps download speed!  Called our internet provider (Spectrum) and they came out to check their modem.  We are paying for 300Mbps download speed.  Hardwired to the modem we are getting over 300Mbps.  I can reboot the Orbi and we'll get about 200Mbps for a while but within days we are back to between 20 to 30MPBS.  Before I throw this back in the box and return it to Costco, can anyone offer any suggestions that might help?  I really want to believe the problem is something simple?  We have 4 laptops (two are Macs, two are Windows 10, but only two are in use at any given time.  Have 2 iPhones (6S), one iPad, one iWatch, 3 wireless cameras.  All were working fine with the Nighthawk.  Bought the Orbi to extend the range with the two satellites.  Please help!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
daveempey3
Aspirant

Same issue with me.  I have an AC3000, firmware version 2.1.2.18, using windows 10 (same as origional post.

I get 115mg/sec download using wired ethernet.  I get about 45mg/sec download using Orbi wifi.  I only have 9 attached devices, several of which are not always on.  I haverebooted the router.  I have the most current version of router firmware loaded (v2.1.2.18).  Could this be a firmware issue?  Are there settings that need to be adjusted?

I need help also.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modems you guys are using?  Any built in routers here by chance?

Try a factory reset of the Orbi router, Set up from scratch. Only set up Wifi. Don't configure or enable any QoS, Traffic Meter or Access Controls or IPv6. Disable Ipv6 if it's enabled.

Do a speed test with a ethernet wired PC. Test with different browsers like IE11, FF or Opera. Disable any PC security software and browser add-ons as well. Besure no background apps are running on the PC while speedtesting as well.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7