Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How Do I Login to 2nd Orbi Router From My Computer?

Reproman
Aspirant

How Do I Login to 2nd Orbi Router From My Computer?

I just upgraded from the RBR50 (Orbi 5) to the RBR750 (Orbi 6) and have both listed in the app to switch back and forth. When I go to orbilogin.net on my computer, I only see the RBR750 router. Is there a way to also log in to the RBR50 router from my computer?  I am trying to update the  firmware for my Orbi Outdoor Satellite so that I can hopefully use it in extender mode with my Orbi 6 system. I have tried multiple times to switch to extender mode without success,  which I gather is due to an early firmware version in the Outdoor Satellite. Thanks for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Reproman
Aspirant

Re: How Do I Login to 2nd Orbi Router From My Computer?

Finally got it to work. Forgot the http//. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried using its ip address? you'll need to be connected to the one that you're wanting to access so be on the same ip subnet

Message 2 of 6
Reproman
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I tried the IP address for the RBR50 but I get timeout errors. It does work for the IP address of the RBR750, which takes me to the regular login page.

Message 3 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Reproman,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues logging into your RBR50. First, ensure that you are connected to your RBR50 Wi-Fi. Then go to orbilogin.com to access your router. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Reproman wrote:

I just upgraded from the RBR50 (Orbi 5) to the RBR750 (Orbi 6) and have both listed in the app to switch back and forth.

The key is where is the RBR50? (what IP address does it have?)

An upgrade typically means removing the existing RBR50 router and installing the RBR750 exactly where the RBR50 was, using the same connection to the ISP device.  Devices originally connected to the RBR50 are moved to the RBR750.  Thus, for most people, the RBR50 will no longer be connected to anything.  During the process, the recommended strategy is to give the new WiFi router exactly the same WiFi credentials (SSID/password) as the old one, so that WiFi devices connect automatically to the new router and the user does not have to spend time re-configuring everything.

The post appears to imply that the ISP device has more than one Ethernet port and the RBR50 remains connected to one port (where it was all the time) and the RBR750 is now connected to a second Ethernet port on the ISP device. They will both get an IP address from the ISP device and both will create IP subnets on their LAN side.  Orbi routers do not accept connections to their web interface on their WAN port, so the only way to connect to the RBR50 is to be connected to the RBR50 LAN (either wired or WiFi).

Perhaps it would be useful to explain more about how the RBR50 is connected?

Message 5 of 6
Reproman
Aspirant

Finally got it to work. Forgot the http//. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7