Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How Many Devices of Orbi are needed?

RayanSF
Tutor

How Many Devices of Orbi are needed?

Hi,

So my house is almost 5000 sqr ft and it has 3 floors. When it says Orbi covers 5000 sqr ft does that mean only one floor? If so, does that mean I need to buy for each floor (two devices per floor) to have a full coverage? That would be quit expensive!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Techlore
Apprentice

Re: How Many Devices of Orbi are needed?

As long as your house is a normal 5000sqft - not plaster or anything can obstruct the wifi. Of course the placement of the satellites are essential along with your house being a reasonable shape. 

So yeah, make sure you get the Orbi AC3000 and not the AC2200

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My house is almost that size, and I get great coverage with the router and 2 sats.

Message 2 of 5
Techlore
Apprentice

As long as your house is a normal 5000sqft - not plaster or anything can obstruct the wifi. Of course the placement of the satellites are essential along with your house being a reasonable shape. 

So yeah, make sure you get the Orbi AC3000 and not the AC2200

Message 3 of 5
RayanSF
Tutor

Actually my walls are made with plaster 😞
Do you think I need more sats?
Message 4 of 5
Techlore
Apprentice

I would imagine that plaster is going to definitely hinder your WiFi. And only real world testing will let us know for sure, but you can try two and see how it goes. If the Orbi isn't going to get you the coverage nothing will, in regards to WiFi.

You can always add another one or maybe try a powerline if a certain room lacks coverage.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7