Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I get devices to automatically connect to my Satellite, rather than the main router?

Brads515
Guide

How can I get devices to automatically connect to my Satellite, rather than the main router?

Does anyone know how to get my devices (on one side of my house) to automatically connect to my Satellite rather than the main router each and every time my internet disconnects/goes down for a second/after a blackout, etc?

Since the main Orbi router turns on first, they all grab onto that signal (if the power goes out, my ISP goes down, modem resets, etc) -- and stay on the MAIN routers signal (not the satellite) unless I manually go in each time and connect them on my own to the satellite....anyone know a way of doing this and making sure that devices close to the Satellite, stay on the Satellite and not the main router?

Thanks in advance!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How can I get devices to automatically connect to my Satellite, rather than the main router?

You can try lowering the power on the routers radio from 100% to a lower setting. Found under Advanced tab/Advaced Settings/Wireless settings.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7