Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I broadcast 5 and 2.4 networks SSID’s on RBR20

ZombieBacon
Aspirant

How do I broadcast 5 and 2.4 networks SSID’s on RBR20

Greetings, Using an RBR20 I need to broadcast both 5 and 2.4 networks SSID. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you mean having separate SSIDs on the Orbi? If so, NG doesn't support the separation of SSIDs on Orbi. The 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are operated under 1 SSID. Orbi and the devices automatically get the devices connected to either frequency based on there support, signal and noise conditions. 

IF your having problems connecting devices to the Orbi you can temporarily disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast while you get your 2.4Ghz devices connected to the RBR. Then re-enable the 5Ghz SSID afterwards. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/v2-5-0-38-undoes-SSD-split-is-there-a-fix/m-p/1816546/highligh...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you mean having separate SSIDs on the Orbi? If so, NG doesn't support the separation of SSIDs on Orbi. The 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are operated under 1 SSID. Orbi and the devices automatically get the devices connected to either frequency based on there support, signal and noise conditions. 

IF your having problems connecting devices to the Orbi you can temporarily disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast while you get your 2.4Ghz devices connected to the RBR. Then re-enable the 5Ghz SSID afterwards. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/v2-5-0-38-undoes-SSD-split-is-there-a-fix/m-p/1816546/highligh...

Message 2 of 6

Adding to the link provided, this image comes from one of the many other discussions of the same issue:

Orbi5GHz.png

It shows you where to look for the SSID settings on your Orbi device.

Message 3 of 6
ZombieBacon
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Those settings do not broadcast as separate network SSIDs. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

There not meant to. Just disables the SSID broadcast is all. 

Are you having problems with your Orbi? More details would be needed. What are you trying to accomplish. 

@ZombieBacon wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Those settings do not broadcast as separate network SSIDs. 

Message 5 of 6

@ZombieBacon wrote:

Those settings do not broadcast as separate network SSIDs. 

No. Nor have you answered the question about why you want to do this.

Many people turn up here with the same question. It turns out that they rfeally do not need to have separate SSIDs. (See above.) That is why you got the above answers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7