Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I configure QoS settings on Orbi RBR50 router?

jrend
Aspirant

How do I configure QoS settings on Orbi RBR50 router?

I've been poking around the Advanced Setup tab for my Orbi RBR50 and I can't seem to find the settings for QoS. I want to prioritize traffic from my Xbox, but the settings don't seem to be there. Any ideas how to configure this?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: How do I configure QoS settings on Orbi RBR50 router?

Orbi uses "Dynamic QoS"  which is supposed to use the speed test results (download and upload speeds) to manage bandwidth. Dynamic QoS is common in many of the new routers.

In the Help section on the web GUI on the QoS page you can read the following:

Dynamic QoS Help

Dynamic QoS improves online gaming and online streaming quality by prioritizing Internet bandwidth usage. When the router detects online gaming and online streaming traffic, the router tries to limit background traffic such as BitTorrent or FTP downloads to improve gaming and streaming.

Internet Bandwidth - Let Speedtest detect my Internet bandwidth (recommended): Accurate Internet bandwidth is required for Dynamic QoS to work properly. The router automatically runs Speedtest the first time you enable Dynamic QoS. Click the Speedtest button to recheck your bandwidth. Avoid any Internet activity while Speedtest is running.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Orbi uses "Dynamic QoS"  which is supposed to use the speed test results (download and upload speeds) to manage bandwidth. Dynamic QoS is common in many of the new routers.

In the Help section on the web GUI on the QoS page you can read the following:

Dynamic QoS Help

Dynamic QoS improves online gaming and online streaming quality by prioritizing Internet bandwidth usage. When the router detects online gaming and online streaming traffic, the router tries to limit background traffic such as BitTorrent or FTP downloads to improve gaming and streaming.

Internet Bandwidth - Let Speedtest detect my Internet bandwidth (recommended): Accurate Internet bandwidth is required for Dynamic QoS to work properly. The router automatically runs Speedtest the first time you enable Dynamic QoS. Click the Speedtest button to recheck your bandwidth. Avoid any Internet activity while Speedtest is running.

Message 2 of 4
jrend
Aspirant

So there is no way to manually adjust the Dynamic QoS settings?

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Unfortunately currently not. 😞

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7