Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I get devices to connect to satellites?

Mchain
Aspirant

How do I get devices to connect to satellites?

I have a couple of satelllites.  It appears they are both 5Ghz.  all the devices downstairs still seem to connect to the satellite upstairs.  see the video.  Probably something easy to fix?  Appreciate any advice. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: How do I get devices to connect to satellites?

not clear on what your pic is suppose to show....it looks fine to me

there is lots of discussion about this topic in here you may want to do a search

even if you are able to do what you think you want to do, what do you think the gain is?

Message 2 of 6
Mchain
Aspirant

the sateliites are online as pic shows.  I want the devices nearest the satellite to connect.  So there is a computer and TV that are not connected to the satellite closest to it but rather go 2 floors up and connect there.

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Mchain wrote:

the sateliites are online as pic shows.  I want the devices nearest the satellite to connect.  So there is a computer and TV that are not connected to the satellite closest to it but rather go 2 floors up and connect there.

ok...do a search....will all of this make things 'faster'?'

Message 4 of 6
Aspirant

Re: How do I get Satellite to connect?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

@Mchain wrote:

I have a couple of satelllites.  It appears they are both 5Ghz.  all the devices downstairs still seem to connect to the satellite upstairs.  see the video.  Probably something easy to fix?  Appreciate any advice. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7