Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I get support for Orbi Circle Premium?

mossywell
Star

How do I get support for Orbi Circle Premium?

The Circle web site says I need to go to Netgear for support:

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003197671-I-Need-Support-for-Circle-on-NETGEAR

"The team over at NETGEAR is best equipped to help with any and all Circle on NETGEAR questions or issues. You can visit their support website for Circle here. Need more help? Contact their support team here. Make sure to tell them where you're from, check "I have a NETGEAR product without a serial number", and select Circle from the drop down menu. If you're asked for a purchase date, just put the date for your subscription renewal or when you enabled Circle on NETGEAR."

Only problem is: if you follow the instructions (select country, select the option 'produce without a serial number', select Circle and then enter the start date of the subscription, the Next option stays greyed out.

Any ideas how to contact them?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 12
mossywell
Star

Eh?
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 12
mossywell
Star

Hello, sorry that's just too cryptic for me. Are you saying that Netgear don't support it? If so, shouldn't the Circle people themselves be notified as they seem to think Netgear do? It would be appreciated if you just spelt it out for me please?

One observation: the link says that Circle prrmium on Orbi supports 3 features: Usage, Time limits and History that it doesn't.

Message 5 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mossywell

What firmware version is your orbi system running?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 12
mossywell
Star

Hi DarrenM, thanks for the reply. 

I'm running V2.1.4.16

Cheers.

Message 7 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What is the reason you can not enter a serial number?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 12
mossywell
Star

The instructions on how to get support is the reason:

The Circle web site says I need to go to Netgear for support:

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003197671-I-Need-Support-for-Circle-on-NETGEAR

"The team over at NETGEAR is best equipped to help with any and all Circle on NETGEAR questions or issues. You can visit their support website for Circle here. Need more help? Contact their support team here. Make sure to tell them where you're from, check "I have a NETGEAR product without a serial number", and select Circle from the drop down menu. If you're asked for a purchase date, just put the date for your subscription renewal or when you enabled Circle on NETGEAR."

Are these instructions incorrect?

Message 9 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will get support to contact you to help with this issue I sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 12
mossywell
Star

Hi DarrenM, sorry m8, but I'm coming to the end of the free month on premium and, as it doesn't work as advertised, and no one wants to support me, I'm having to cancel the subscription premium before someone starts taking money for nothing.

I have to say it's been a really disappointing experience: I am asked to pay monthly for a service (and agree!) that doesn't actually exist, and when I try to get support, Circle say "ask Netgear - they support you because it's a subscription service indenpendently of how old the Orbi is" and Netgear say "don't come to us as it's not a new Orbi". Very very disappoining.

Message 11 of 12
mossywell
Star

Quick update.

Support did get in touch eventually (twice). We probably spent about an hour on the phone and they took a bunch of logs away with them. Unfortunately, it appears that Netgear Orbi and Circle Premium doesn't (yet) work together, so they gave up.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7