Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I set up notifications or alerts for when a device enters the network?

MapleD
Aspirant

How do I set up notifications or alerts for when a device enters the network?

What is the way to receive notifications/alerts when device connects AND disconnects from the orbi ac2200 rbr20 router?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I set up notifications or alerts for when a device enters the network?

Message 2 of 9
MapleD
Aspirant

I don't think that applies to this product, the ac2200 rbr20. On that page it only shows two other different orbi products. Other question, is removing the device from the orbi app the same as deregistering orbi serial number?
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The Armor app forum is all in compassing. 

No just removes it from the app is all. 

Message 4 of 9
MapleD
Aspirant

I have confirmed that NETGEAR armor is not able to work with ac2200 rbr20. It is not in the list of supported devices.

Regarding the other question, how do I deregulated serial number from NETGEAR account? I logged in to the mynetgear website and it shows my products but there is no where to actually remove it.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok thanks for letting us know.

You'll need to contact NG support if you need help removing a system from registration. 

Message 6 of 9

@MapleD wrote:
What is the way to receive notifications/alerts when device connects AND disconnects from the orbi ac2200 rbr20 router?

Install the desktop genie on a PC.

That works on regular routers. Not sure about Orbi.

If you want the desktop genie for Windows start here:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 8 of 9

Desktop genie? Mobile genies and desktop genies are, just to confuse us all, different animals.

My Orbi is in AP mode behind a Netgear 7800.

Maybe the desktop genie never supported Orbi.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7