Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I setup RBS50 to get internet via ethernet backhaul, and NOT extending the wireless signal?

cliff1127
Follower

How do I setup RBS50 to get internet via ethernet backhaul, and NOT extending the wireless signal?

Hi all, thanks in advance for your help. I currently have an RBR50 and and an RBS50... I have ethernet backhaul / ports setup throughout my home.

How do I ensure the RBS50 is getting internet via the ethernet backhaul? And not simply extending the router signal?

In the Orbinlogin.net portal, I see the Satellite listed in Attached Devices. It says connection type 5G and Backhaul Status as "Good"

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I setup RBS50 to get internet via ethernet backhaul, and NOT extending the wireless signa

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How do I setup RBS50 to get internet via ethernet backhaul, and NOT extending the wireless signa

@cliff1127 wrote:

Hi all, thanks in advance for your help. I currently have an RBR50 and and an RBS50... I have ethernet backhaul / ports setup throughout my home.

How do I ensure the RBS50 is getting internet via the ethernet backhaul? And not simply extending the router signal?

In the Orbinlogin.net portal, I see the Satellite listed in Attached Devices. It says connection type 5G and Backhaul Status as "Good"

When the Attached Devices screen says the backhaul is "5G Good", then it most certainly is NOT ethernet backhaul.  I suspect something is wrong with the ethernet cable. (either the cable itself, or one of the RJ45 jacks is not terminated correctly).

Suggest you temporarily move the satellite to the same room as the router and connect it with an ethernet patch cable.  After a few minuter (5-10), the Attached Devices should show the backhaul as Wired. This will establish that that the satellite is capable of ethernet backhaul.

Troubleshooting what is wrong with the ethernet cable is more difficult.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7