Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I setup bridge mode in the ARRIS BGW210-700

How do I setup bridge mode in the ARRIS BGW210-700

This procedure should be performed AFTER you have successfully installed the ORBI router and satellite per Netgear installation instructions.  Make sure you have a laptop or a computer that you can directly connect to the BGW210-700.  Plug an ethernet cable into the ethernet port on the laptop and connect it to an ethernet port on the BGW. Once you have that, unplug ALL the Ethernet cables (including television STB's i.e.DirecTV) from the BGW210-700 except for the laptop previously mentioned.   Also, write down the MAC address of RBR50 before you begin.

Configuration steps to perform on the BGW210-700:

1.  Login to the BGW210-700's web-based configuration interface in your web browser using the link:  https://192.168.1.254

2.  Go to the "Home Network" tab -> "Wi-Fi" tab

3.  Set Home SSID Enable to "Off"

4.  Set Guest SSID Enable to "Off"

5.  Set 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi operation to "Off"

6.  Set 5 GHz Wi-Fi operation to "Off"

7.  Go to the "Firewall" -> "Packet Filter" tab.  Click on the "Disable Packet Filters" button.

8.  Go to the "Firewall" -> "IP Passthrough" tab.  Select "Passthrough" in the "Allocation Mode" option

9.  Do not enter anything for the "Default Server Internal Address".  Leave this field blank

10.  In the "Passthrough Mode" selection choose "DHCPS-Fixed".

11.  Type in the RBR50 MAC address for your ORBI router under "Manual Entry".  The MAC address should be in traditional hexadecimal format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx where x's should be values from 0-9 or letters a-f, separated by colons.

12.  The Passgthrough DHCP Lease value defaults to 10 minutes.  You cannot change this.

13.  Click "Save" at the bottom.  Go back and check to make sure that the changes were implemented.  If not, do it again.

14.  Click on the "Device" tab and select "Restart Device".  It will take a couple of minutes.

Configuration Steps to Perform on the ORBI RBR50 Router:

Configuring the ORBI RBR50 as an access point allows you to use the Orbi router's WiFi instead of the WiFi on the BGW210-700.

To setup the Orbi router as an access point:

1.  Use an ethernet cable to connect the Internet port on the Orbi router to the LAN port of the BGW210-700.

2.  Launch a web browser from a laptop computer that is connected to the Orbi network.

3.  Enter orbilogin.net.  A login window opens.

4.  Enter the admin user name 'admin' and password.  The password is the one you specified the first time you logged in.

5. Select "ADVANCED" -> "Advanced Setup" -> "Router/AP Mode"

The Router / AP Mode page displays.

6.  Select the AP Mode radio button.  The page adjusts

7.  Select the IP Address Setting:  Get Dynamically from existing router.

Hope this helps.  It worked for me.  Love this new mesh network configuration!!!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I setup bridge mode in the ARRIS BGW210-700

Glad you got it working. Thought AP mode should work as well with the RBS if it's wirelessly or wire connected directly to the RBR. The RBS can't be connected thru the ISP Modem in a wired configuration. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

UPDATE:  I had some issues with setting up the RBR50 router as an Access Point and pass through on the AT&T router.  The issue that I experienced was that the Satellite would display 'config sync' in the Backhaul Status in Attached Devices.  So I changed back to Router mode and everything is working fine.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Thought AP mode should work as well with the RBS if it's wirelessly or wire connected directly to the RBR. The RBS can't be connected thru the ISP Modem in a wired configuration. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7