Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I stop auto Firmware Updates!

TexBuck
Aspirant

How do I stop auto Firmware Updates!

I had my orbi and loved it until Firmware 2.0.0.74, and since then have had the good wifi internal routing no Internet access issues that have plaged so many.

It started at 1 week intervals, moved to 5 days, and then to daily loss of Internet.  I eventually figured out how to downgrade all firmware on router and both satellites back to v.  1.4.0.18.  (Wasn't easy if anything was running 2.0.0.74 on network would upgrade others automatically.  Had to upgrade one satellite at a time and unplug right after reset and do router last).

System worked great for 3 days, then refroze again today and looked - you guessed it it had autoupgraded itself to 2.0.0.74.  

There isn't a setting that I can find that shows it is supposed to autoupgrade. jCan anyone help?

Message 1 of 2
Supertramp11
Luminary

Re: How do I stop auto Firmware Updates!

To stop the auto update checking on my Netgear ReadyNAS, I had to block update.readynas.com on my router. Works perfect.

I would hope the same approach could work for the ORBI. Question is which site needs to be blocked? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7