Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I upgrade Orbi RBK50 firmware to the beta version?

dafeed
Aspirant

How do I upgrade Orbi RBK50 firmware to the beta version?

So I have an Orbi router and satellite (RBK50) and I am having the infamous DNS problem.  I semi fixed it by resetting the router and satellite and then downgrading the firmware from 2.7.2.104 to 2.7.2.102.  So far, it seems to be stable.... knock on wood.  I know there have been some people on this forum who said if we private message them they can hook us up with the beta version of the firmware that comes after 2.7.2.104.  Is that true?  How do we get a copy of that version?  And is it more stable than 104?  Do we know when they will offcially release it out into the wild?  I really like our Orbi, but it's the first router we've had that has been REALLY buggy and hasn't given us a good stable connection.  The range is amazing but that doesn't matter if your connection keeps dropping.  If it keeps sucking like this we are going to have to get something else, which we don't want to do.  Any help here would be great.  Thanks!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I upgrade Orbi RBK50 firmware to the beta version?

Message 2 of 3
dafeed
Aspirant

Re: How do I upgrade Orbi RBK50 firmware to the beta version?

Thanks for the replies for far guys.  Have you heard of or known of anyone who has tried the beta version and had a better experience with it?  Or is it all experimental still?  Also, any idea when they'll offcially release it?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7