Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do i set up a static IP for my Orbi Router

MTPATL
Aspirant

How do i set up a static IP for my Orbi Router

I am trying to set up a static IP for my RBR50 in hope that is will prevent the wifi for constantly dropping. I recently switched the router to AP mode, but after reading various messages, if was suggested to set a static IP as well. I have followed the instructions from this link, https://kb.netgear.com/31140/How-do-I-manually-enter-a-static-IP-address-for-my-Orbi-router, but when i get to the basic tab, i am not able to click on internet. Its the only link that isn't active.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there another way to set the static IP? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: How do i set up a static IP for my Orbi Router

@MTPATL wrote:

.......I have followed the instructions from this link, https://kb.netgear.com/31140/How-do-I-manually-enter-a-static-IP-address-for-my-Orbi-router, but when i get to the basic tab, i am not able to click on internet. Its the only link that isn't active.

This link is to set a fixed WAN IP address (obtained from ISP) for Orbi in Ruuter mode.

In your case, when Orbi in AP mode, you nead to reserve a fixed IP address for Orbi  in the main ISP router. Please use the ISP router's manual on how to reserve a fixed IP address for Orbi. Use the MAC address of the Orbi's WAN port for that (you can see the MAC address in the web GUI by going to >> ADVANCED >> ADVANCED Home >> INTERNET PORT.

Message 2 of 3
Markim10
Aspirant

Re: How do i set up a static IP for my Orbi Router

Do I need to call my ISP ?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation