Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How many clients?

BDTECHIES
Aspirant

How many clients?

In my experience with the Orbi routers: after 4 months of use the routers can't connect to the Internet anymore. I'm not using the Orbi's DHCP but my server's. In the DHCP I have made a specific restriction for his ip address. I have made a replication of my old's Linksys router. If I put the old router, it works well again and that is the solution for now... (we don't have support since it only 90-day support) 600$ for 90-days support seems ridiculous. We opt out of Linksys, we went with Netgear. But now I think I regret it. Enough with the rant...

Is there a limitation on the number of clients on the router itself? Since i'm not using his DHCP I don't think it should...

I saw other routers especially for entreprise which they clearly state that under their specifications.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How many clients?

Hello BDTechies

There shouldn't be since you are using it in AP mode and using your own router to handle the DHCP.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
BDTECHIES
Aspirant

Thanks... What I've done is simply a Factory reset and set everything back from scratch. And it works now. I'm still unsure of what caused this and I'm a bit a worried to say the least...

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have over 90 clients on mine, and it was fine, until the 1.11.x release of firmware.

Message 4 of 5
BDTECHIES
Aspirant

What did that firmware do?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements