Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How many satellites?

aussie188
Follower

How many satellites?

Hi,

Im considering purchasing the RBK50 but I'm not sure if I will need another satelite to get decent signal.

I live in a one storey 400 square metre home made of brick. I need the signal to reach 30m from the modem to the back of the house and still get pretty decent speed. 

Can anyone tell me what the maximum distance between the modem and satelite can be to still get ok signal?

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How many satellites?

Recommended starting distance between the Orbi router and satellites is about 30 feet to begin with, also depends on building materials. So with brick you may need to be a tad bit closer...maybe 25 feet. Placement of sateliites will be key.

I live in a 5000 sq ft home and use 1 base and 1 satellite, 40 feet in between. However my home is wood and sheet rock.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How many satellites?

Recommended starting distance between the Orbi router and satellites is about 30 feet to begin with, also depends on building materials. So with brick you may need to be a tad bit closer...maybe 25 feet. Placement of sateliites will be key.

I live in a 5000 sq ft home and use 1 base and 1 satellite, 40 feet in between. However my home is wood and sheet rock.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7