Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to RMA outside of 90 days?

jwhitmire
Follower

How to RMA outside of 90 days?

i have an Orbi RBR50 that has been working beautifully until this weekend.  I had some internet issues and when my service came back online, my Orbi did not.  I've tried troubleshooting it myself, but I need help.  I bought the unit in March, so it's still under warranty, but all of my phone/email/chat support has expired so I have no idea how to figure out if I need an RMA or how to get one.  Help?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: How to RMA outside of 90 days?

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

We can also help you with troubleshooting. You state "when my service came back onlin, my orbi did not". What exactly does this mean? 

Are you led's lighting up? 

Is your wifi broadcasting/not connecting?

What exactly is going on or having issues. 

We might be able to help you get it up and running with more info. 

Another thing to try, if you had issue with your modem, is resetting the orbi back to factory (hold the reset button for 7-10 seconds until the lights change).

After resetting the device follow this procedure.

1. Start modem. let it boot up for 1-2 minutes until fully booted.

2. Turn on the router, give it a couple minutes to fully boot. 

3. Try to configure the router following the installation guide.

Did it work? Where did it fail? 

What firmware is on the Orbi?

What modem are you connecting to? 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@jwhitmire wrote:

i have an Orbi RBR50 that has been working beautifully until this weekend.  I had some internet issues and when my service came back online, my Orbi did not.  I've tried troubleshooting it myself, but I need help.  I bought the unit in March, so it's still under warranty, but all of my phone/email/chat support has expired so I have no idea how to figure out if I need an RMA or how to get one.  Help?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7