Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to Sync/connect 4th Satellite to Orbi RBR50

Dream_Designer
Aspirant

How to Sync/connect 4th Satellite to Orbi RBR50

I know as per manual you can connect only 3 satellites, But aftre buying 4th Staellite negear customer support was helping around, due to lockdown my support time expired now i am stuck with 4th satellite 

last what he guided me was to hardwire from router to satellite (any) then from that satellite hardwire to RBR50 after they will chnage some setting in browser and all of my staellite will work but unfortunately there is no way i acn contact them again 

can anyone help me here?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

I've seen several posters that simply shut off already sync'd satelllites while they were setting up the new satellites. 

I've used the same process when I added a 4th/5th satellite for testing. 

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If you got a new RBS it may not be on same version of FW as what you already have running. The new RBS needs to be updated first to same version of FW. 

@Dream_Designer wrote:

I know as per manual you can connect only 3 satellites, But aftre buying 4th Staellite negear customer support was helping around, due to lockdown my support time expired now i am stuck with 4th satellite 

last what he guided me was to hardwire from router to satellite (any) then from that satellite hardwire to RBR50 after they will chnage some setting in browser and all of my staellite will work but unfortunately there is no way i acn contact them again 

can anyone help me here?

Message 3 of 9
Dream_Designer
Aspirant

Yes FW is same now, during support fron netgear they help me download the FW, now please elebaorate how to proceed to next step of connecting 4th staellite, I am not a techie, is there any guide i can follor or a you tube tutorial?

Message 4 of 9
Dream_Designer
Aspirant

This is geranl 3 satellite guide whereas for 4th satellite there is another way around, this does not work 

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try turning OFF all of the other RBS and see if you can sync the 4th with the RBR alone. 

Is Daisy Chain enabled? You might disable this on the RBR first. 

@Dream_Designer wrote:

This is geranl 3 satellite guide whereas for 4th satellite there is another way around, this does not work 

Message 6 of 9
Dream_Designer
Aspirant

I Tried this last time one of the staellite stops working, so technically it allows only 3 

now i have disbales the daisy chain let me try if it works

Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@Dream_Designer wrote:

There have been posts from users describing how they connected as many as six satellites to an Orbi router. Their method was as follows:

• Power off one of the existing satellites.  In a few minutes, the Attached Devices web page will show this satellite as "Disconnected" and display a button to Delete the satellite.  Do NOT click this button.
  • Power on the 4th satellite.
  • Click the "Add a satellite" menu item.
  • Proceed through the steps to add a satellite.  They suggest it is most convenient to do this with the satellite in the same room as the router to avoid rushing through the house to press the WPS buttons within the 2 minute time allowed and to be able to observe the ring light on the new satellite.
  • Once the new satellite has connected to the router, it will appear on the Attached Devices web page.
  • The new satellite can now be placed in the desired location and the satellite that was powered off can be powered on again.
  • In a few minutes there will now be four satellites on the Attached Devices web page.
  • To add satellite #5, two of the existing satellites must be powered off.  To add #6, three existing satellites must be powered off.

Can you give this method a try?

Message 8 of 9
taer349
Aspirant

it epends upon the irst three are these three also connected if yes the its little tough for you to solve it and connect it with the fourth but you can see here the complete guide about it.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7