Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to clear malware from Orbi Satellite Router? Help?

twinenginegirl
Aspirant

How to clear malware from Orbi Satellite Router? Help?

So I'm not great on networking, but my antivirus software shows one of my Orbi Satellites making a arp cache poisoning attack.  I have no clue how to address this.  Confirmed it was this particular satellite via MAC address and confirmed that I have the most updated firmware.

Any help appreciated!  TIA!

ORBI Satellite

Router Firmware Version 2.1.2.18

RB540 Mini Satellite

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to clear malware from Orbi Satellite Router? Help?

I would do a scan of any PCs connected to the system. Use both anti malware and "MalwareBytes". You may find something. 

Besure to empty ALL browser caches as well. 

Also I would disconnect any PC that maybe compromised and see if the Eset software still detects problems or not. I presume it may not. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Anti virus software are you using? Maybe falsly reporting this event.

Malware doesn't reside on routers and extenders...

Message 2 of 4
twinenginegirl
Aspirant

Thanks for letting me know.  Using Eset Smart Security as it is the best I have found.  So I suppose my next step is to look at that particular satellite and see which computers reside on it, that it can be sending?  It is Windows only, as it isn't affecting my Macs.  I have sometihng I think is malware on one of my computers, and trying to clean that (although software said it wasn't a virus, it was behaving like one. A .pdf that is named close to another .pdf I have, and is 10x the size of that one.  Can't be moved or deleted because it is in use even with every browser and Adobe process stopped.)

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would do a scan of any PCs connected to the system. Use both anti malware and "MalwareBytes". You may find something. 

Besure to empty ALL browser caches as well. 

Also I would disconnect any PC that maybe compromised and see if the Eset software still detects problems or not. I presume it may not. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7