Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to configure IP address for satellite LAN ports

bkimes777
Aspirant

How to configure IP address for satellite LAN ports

I have the RBR50 with 2 satellites.  It is in AP mode.  I'd like to change the IP address that the satellite provides when something is plugged into the LAN ports.  I've looked through everything (I think...) and can't find an option to do this -- is it even possible?

For example, it provided a 192.168.10.x address... I need it to be on a different address... 192.168.50.x ...

Any ideas / help would be appreciated!

Thanks -

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How to configure IP address for satellite LAN ports

When the Orbi is in Access Point (AP) mode, every device (including the Orbi's) gets an IP address from the upstread router.  That router probably has a web interface where you can access the DHCP settings and define which IP address is given to specific devices by their Media Access Control (MAC) address.

This is not something that can be done on the Orbi when in AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

When the Orbi is in Access Point (AP) mode, every device (including the Orbi's) gets an IP address from the upstread router.  That router probably has a web interface where you can access the DHCP settings and define which IP address is given to specific devices by their Media Access Control (MAC) address.

This is not something that can be done on the Orbi when in AP mode.

Message 2 of 3
bkimes777
Aspirant

Thanks for the note!   After your information I went and double checked a few things and feel like an idiot -- what is it that they say - measure twice, cut once?

I just saw the wired IP address I got when I connected and assumed it was given from the ORBI .. instead, I forgot I had hardcoded that IP in the laptop instead of allowing DHCP.

Too much time inside from C19, I'm losing my mind!

Thanks -

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7